I have a fun little wedding project for you today. Wedding banners seem to be the rage these days so, I thought I would give it a try to see just how
difficult easy it is to put one of these together. Luckily, I had some great pictures available. Let’s get started:
- string or yarn ( the yarn could match your colors)
- hole puncher
- a piece of poster board – I used white but, I know it comes in other colors
- glitter – optional. I thought the glitter gave it a more finished look and who doesn’t like a little glitter
- As I mentioned gather up the pictures you want to use. (Just look through all your Facebook pics)
- Once I found the pictures I wanted to use I dropped them into a PowerPoint presentation, since this was the easiest for me.
- Resize the pictures to fit your shape you are cutting out of the poster board
- Add a text box to each picture and put whatever you are trying to spell out in the text box, i.e. love, forever, you & me, the possibilities are endless
- Print out your pics, lightly glue or tape them to the shapes you cut out of the poster board
- glitter the edges
- let dry – be patient you don’t want to mess the project up now
- let dry some more
- punch the holes for the string
- start with your last letter and work your way to the first letter, this way you won’t have to cut the string until you have all the letters on.
The longest part of this project was letting the glue dry to the glitter. This easy an easy and fun way to personalize your wedding or any party you maybe having. Thanks to my models – my number two son and his lovely bride. Here is the finished banner.